EH&S strives to support research personnel in ensuring that biological materials are used safely and in accordance with regulations, GUMC Policies and Procedures, and CDC/NIH Guidelines. Training on biological safety, bloodborne pathogens, disposal of biohazardous materials and sharps management is provided on a monthly basis.
The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is a University wide group responsible for reviewing and approving research involving the use of infectious agents, recombinant DNA, and biological toxins (in accordance with CDC/NIH Guidelines). The IBC has oversight responsibility for the Biosafety Program at Georgetown University.
- IBC Protocol Submission Form (for Research Involving Biological Hazards and Toxins)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Acceptance or Declination Form
- Laboratory-Specific Biological Safety Training Form
- BBP Refresher Training Declination
- Use Of Hazardous Materials In Animal Research Disclosure form