Minors & Visiting Students
Principal Investigators (Pi) And Authorized Users (Au) Must
- Enroll the new lab member under your permit through EHSA Bio/Chem Portal and/or RAM Portal .
- Register for the next availableLaboratory Safety Training and if required, Basic Radiation Safety and GURAM courses (call 7-4712)NOTE: Regents PIs need only register students for the biological and radiation awareness training
- Complete all forms described below:
- Complete the Visiting Student Registration form to summarize the work activities and submit to EH&S.
- For minors (15-17), PIs must indicate hazards present in the lab on theParental Consent for Minors (15-17) Working In Laboratory Environments form and submit the completed form (with parental signature), to EH&S.
- Provide and complete the Chemical Lab-Specific Training and Biological Lab-Specific Training forms.
- Individuals frequenting a laboratory using Radioactive Materials must sign the Authorized User Training Record.
Georgetown University policy and District of Columbia regulations require minors receive written Parental Consent prior to participating in any research activity. Please remember to indicate which hazardous materials are present in your laboratory prior to providing the form to the minor for parental consent. A copy of the completed form (with parental signature), can be emailed to EH&S.
Georgetown University has established a Protection of Minors Policy to protect those under 18 years of age who participate in programs and activities associated with the University, and to provide guidance to University students, faculty and staff who are involved with such programs and activities.