Training for Non-GU Employees
Any student, minor, volunteer, or visiting faculty are required to take a general safety training course in order to work in the lab. Currently EH&S training is offered through canvas which requires a NetID to access. PI’s may apply for Sponsored University Associate (SUA) status to receive a temporary NetID. If a Net ID is not obtained, please follow the steps below to complete the mandatory training.
- The Principle Investigator or the Lab Manger must submit a request to EH&S with “General Lab Safety Training Request” Google Form. Following submission, EH&S will send an email to the requester with training resources and quiz.
- The Principle Investigator and/or Lab Manager are responsible for ensuring that lab workers take the required training modules listed below:
- Module 1- Introduction
- Module 2- Chemical Safety
- Module 3 – Radiation & Laser Safety
- Module 4- Biological Safety
- Module 5 – Fire & Life Safety
- Once these five modules have been completed and the lab worker is comfortable with the material, then they can take the General Laboratory Safety Quiz.