Fire Safety Committee
The Fire Safety Committee (FSC) is comprised of members of the Department of Environmental Safety and Health (EH&S), Facilities Management, Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) and the Office of Emergency Management (OEM). This committee is dedicated to continually improving fire/life safety at Georgetown University.
This concerted effort brings together the expertise of Facilities Management, OEM, EH&S, and GUPD to resolve identified fire/life safety issues. A significant benefit of the committee is the collaboration of a diversified group toward the improvement of fire/ life safety at Georgetown.
The FSC provides the members with:
- The opportunity to make contributions to the fire/ life safety culture of the University.
- The ability to resolve issues through the joint collaboration of multiple University Departments.
- Coordination with outside agencies pertaining to the fire/ life safety education of the staff and students.
Roles of the FSC
- The coordination of joint reporting issues such as the Clery Act.
- Review fire/ life safety issues presented by Staff, Students and Faculty to determine the department best suited to bring resolution to the issue.
- Collaborate with outside entities such as DC Fire-Rescue and the NFPA for fire/ Life safety Awareness.
- Review of fire/ life safety inspections and testing to determine the best resolution of identified deficiencies.
- Coordination of fire drills and fire alarm testing for all University owned buildings.
Results of the Fire Safety Committee initiatives serve to improve the fire/ life safety of the Students, Faculty, and staff at Georgetown.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.